Modernization refers to the process of upgrading or renovating existing elevator systems to improve their performance, safety, efficiency, and aesthetics. It involves replacing outdated components and technologies with advanced systems that meet current industry standards and regulations.
What is an Elevator Mod?
It’s giving your elevator an updated appearance on the inside or outside; whether it be the controls, the doors or the interior. The purpose is to maintain the machine’s youthfulness and reliability.
Why you may need a Mod?
If your elevator is 10 years or older, runs slowly, the buttons and doors don’t function properly, you’re constantly in need of repeated repairs, the parts have become obsolete or if your interior is worn and damaged then you are in need of modernization.
Modernizing your elevator will save you money by making your machine more energy efficient and increasing the value of your property. Other pros include, easing traffic flow and keeping equipment up to date on safety and code compliance. Every Mod is made to order with a customizable controller.
We have the non-proprietary factor, which we use whenever possible; from controllers, hydro packages, door equipment, machines, fixtures, paneling, lighting and traction elevators. This also means any qualified contractor can work on your equipment in the future.
Traction vs. Hydraulic:
Traction elevators are geared or gearless, have AC or DC motors, are low speed and high torque. Hydraulic elevators are conventional for traveling 2-5 floors, roped for low levels and low traffic or holeless for traveling 2-4 floors.
We offer designs that work:
- In-Ground Hydro packages in various shapes and sizes.
- Holeless packages are available for custom fit.
Next generation machines and controllers:
- Geared – We are able to replace your aging geared machine with an upgraded non-proprietary machine
- Gearless – New design and efficient motor with less energy to drive the machine – translating to the potential for big savings.
Non-proprietary door equipment:
*Over 84% of elevator problems are door related.
- Our door equipment allows for programmability and customization.
First impressions matter:
- Our cab interior design team will make your vision a reality.
- We offer 3D renderings to confirm product is properly constructed to our customer’s needs.